Would you like to work in the world of made-to-measure? Curating a timeless collection of high-quality fabrics? We’re looking for an experienced Buyer to join our Buying team in Amsterdam. If you are a hands-on person with an eye for style – keep reading.
- Inkoop / Productie
- 3-5 jaar
Over het bedrijf
Munro Tailoring is the Amsterdam-based clothing company reimagining the industry, one garment at a time. Here, we bring fashion, craftsmanship, and technology together to offer elevated made-to-order menswear. Every piece is ethically produced and expertly tailored to every customer and their personal style. We partner with some of the most iconic mills and ateliers to supply over 500 high-end stores in over 35 countries across the globe with our private label, as well as retailing our very own brand, Atelier Munro.
Over de functie
Our Buyer Fabrics is working closely with suppliers, ateliers, and our internal teams, you will be responsible for managing the fabric collections for suits, jackets, and coats in line with the company DNA. You will:
- Source, pre-select, and propose collection options via supplier meetings and trade fair visits
- Work cross-functionally to finalise collections, including requesting prices, placing orders etc.
- Manage the budget for the seasonal collection
- Prepare and manage the timely ordering of fabric samples for internal use, POS, and marketing
- Manage and evaluate samples – measurements, quality, durability, washing and shrinkage etc
- Administrate our fabrics, creating import files and ensuring the system is up to date including pricing
- Support the Creative / Marketing department with input about collection fabrics
- Provide fabric related input for the customer care team
- Analyse defects and customer feedback, communicating with suppliers and ateliers to find solutions
- Represent the Buying team in company-wide & IT projects
Our new Fabric and Trim Buyer will ideally have:
- A bachelor’s degree in fashion or a related study
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience with men’s formalwear and textile knowledge is a plus
- An optimistic, flexible mindset
- Solutions-oriented and structured approach
- The ability to work independently and with a team, to strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Has a valid working visa and is living in or close to Amsterdam
Why work here?
- A great team of 75 young and enthusiastic colleagues
- An energetic work environment
- A generous employee discount
- Thursday drinks
- Office parties
- A discounted gym subscription
- A bike lease program
- A personal learning and development budget
- A great company pension
- Opportunities to develop yourself and your own ideas
Sound like a match? Then please send your CV and motivation letter via the button below.
Over Fashion Solution
Ben jij op zoek naar een baan in de mode? Wij zijn jouw Fashion Solution! Sinds 1998 helpen wij mode- en lifestyle bedrijven bij de zoektocht naar nieuw talent. Wij bemiddelen in verschillende mode vacatures, van stages en startersfuncties tot aan senior en management functies. Bekijk alle mode vacatures hier
Vragen over deze vacature?
Peter de Kok
weet er alles over.